Counselling Skills for Personal Development & Ministry (21st Run)
WHAT’S THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?
Counselling Skills for Personal Development & Ministry is a highly interactive course designed to help you develop an overall appreciation of counselling, along with the basic skills you will need to help those in need in the church and community.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of Christian counselling;
• Apply knowledge and practical skills such as attending, active listening, questioning, empathy, reflection of feelings in counselling situations; and
• Identify your own personal strengths and weaknesses and appreciate how these may affect your ability to counsel.
This course is highly relevant to small group leaders, church leaders, church school teachers, youth leaders, and all who are interested in providing caregiving from a distinctly Christian perspective. It is also ideal for anyone embarking on or considering a career in counselling.
Duration 6 Sessions
Dates Tuesdays 5,12, 19 & 26 Jan and 9 & 16 Feb 2021
Time 7.30pm - 9.30pm
Venue Onsite (Wesley Methodist Church) or Online, depending on prevailing government guidelines
$160 (Now till Mon 9 Nov 2020)
$180 (From Tue 10 Nov 2020 to Mon 14 Dec 2020)
Includes two free textbooks : Christian Counselling: A Comprehensive Guide (3rd Ed) by Gary R. Collins, and Intentional Interviewing And Counselling (9th Ed) by Ivey, Ivey & Zalaquett.
• Registration without payment will not be accepted
• Fees are not refundable after 14 Dec 2020
Closing date for registration: Mon 14 Dec 2020 (or earlier if all places are filled)
Mr Tony Ting, Ms Lee Sock Kuan and Ms Yap Siew Ling
For more information, please contact Caroline Ong at 6837 9214.
|Event Date||05-01-2021 7:30 pm|
|Event End Date||16-02-2021 9:30 pm|
|Registration Closing Date||14-12-2020|
|Location||Wesley Methodist Church|