Wesley Counselling Services
All I Needed To Know About The Sugar Menace -
I Learnt It At The Movies
• What is all the fuss about sugar?
• Do you know how much sugar you consume on a daily basis?
• How does having too much sugar affect your body?
• Is sugar more than just empty calories?
• Why is the Singapore government mulling a sugar tax?
• Why do some researchers think sugar is just as addictive as heroin or ganja?
• If sugar is considered bad, shouldn’t you avoid sugar altogether?
• How many calories do you need a day?
• Why is it important to read and understand the nutritional values of the food you consume?
In all likelihood, we already know that excessive sugar intake is not good for our health. Yet like most Singaporeans, we probably consume a daily
average of 12 teaspoons of sugar, which is double the recommended daily dosage.
Sugar is actually worse than just empty calories as the high intake of sugar can lead to a number of non-communicable diseases such as obesity, Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, stroke, liver failure and even certain types of cancer.
This 3½-hour workshop will use movies as a catalyst to address the above questions and explore the health benefits of reducing our daily sugar
intake and other positive impacts it can have on our everyday life.
Facilitator: Tony Ting
Date: Sat 2 Mar | Time: 9.00am-12.30pm |
Venue: L3 Hall, Wesley Methodist Church
Cost: $10 (for notes and teabreak)
Registration Deadline: Mon 25 Feb or when the 40 places are filled.