When you hear “evangelism”, what comes to mind about doing it?
Come, see in the New Testament that the Gospel is more faceted than typically seen and our Lord Jesus showed us at least 3 effective and powerful forms of evangelism.
Rev Dr Aaron Tay
Pastor-in-Charge, Bedok Methodist Church Director, Ministry in Schools, MCS Missionary (1996 – 2002)
Date: 31 July 2021
Time: 9am - 12pm
Registration closes 24 July.
Word Alive! Mid-week Teaching Series
Worldviews by Rev Raymond Fong
In our search for meaning and significance in life, we are deeply shaped by worldviews which we embrace. What then is the Christian worldview? How does that contrast with other worldviews which influence the way we think and live?
Meant to complement the sermon series on Ecclesiastes, these sessions will examine the Christian worldview, give an overview of some prevailing worldviews (e.g. Pragmatism, Dualism, Post-modernism) and provide opportunity for reflection and realignment for discipleship.
Dates: 12, 19 Aug, 2 & 9 Sep 2021 (Thurs)
Time: 8.00 - 9.30pm
Mode: Via Zoom
Registration is required before 8 Aug (Sun)
Registration will be closed when it has reached its maximum capacity.
4 Sep to 9 Oct 2021, 2.00 to 5.30pm on ZOOM (6 weeks, Saturdays)
$100 per couple (Members of Wesley Methodist Church)
$120 per couple (Non-members)
(Class size is limited. Please register early)
Registration opens on:
1 to 16 Jul (Members)
17 to 31 Jul (Non-members)
Closing Date: 31 Jul (or when all places are filled)
Please take note:
1. Priority will be given to Wesley members. If there are still vacancies after 17 Jul, places will be given on first-come-first-serve basis, regardless of membership.
2. All couples intending to be married at Wesley are required to attend.
3. Couples who register should plan their wedding within a year.
4. Attendance for all six sessions is compulsory
Conversational Evangelism: How to listen and speak so that you may be heard
Are you wondering why evangelism seems more challenging in today’s culture? Why spiritual conversations feel artificial and irrelevant? And as a result, feel like avoiding evangelism altogether?
The truth is that the Gospel is more relevant than ever and spiritual conversations can be engaging and enjoyable!
Based on the book ‘Conversational Evangelism’ written by David and Norman Geisler, this course aims to show you how by understanding:
• What makes old models of witnessing ineffective in today's culture
• Why evangelism must start with relational pre-evangelism
• How to ask questions, listen attentively, and understand what someone believes
• Ways to identify the real barriers to belief in order to build a bridge to truth
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021
Time: 8.00–9.30pm Mode: Zoom
Dates: Tue, 21, 28 Sep, 5 & 12 Oct 2021
Time: 8.00–9.30pm Mode: Zoom
• Session 1: The importance of listening skills in evangelism
• Session 2: Creating interest in the Gospel through clarifying questions
• Session 3: Uncovering real barriers to faith
• Session 4: Building a Bridge to the Gospel
ABOUT THE TRAINERS:
Patrick Chua is a Pastoral Team Member for Witness & Evangelism Ministry. He graduated from Trinity Theological College with a Bachelor of Theology and has been in full-time ministry for 20 years.
Foo Yu Da is a full-time Digital Marketer, and part-time M.A. student in Christian Apologetics with Biola University.