So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. – Matthew 19: 6 (NIV)
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. – Ephesians 5: 24 (NIV)
• Booking of the Church Sanctuary for weddings is only for members of Wesley Methodist Church, Singapore.
• Either the bride or the groom must be a member of Wesley Methodist Church, Singapore. Both the bride and groom must be Christian.
• The Church strongly advises that application should be submitted to the Church office at least 9 months’ notice before Solemnisation date.
• Applicants must complete the Marriage Preparation Course (MPC) before Solemnisation or Blessing of Marriage.
• Only Methodist Pastors are permitted to conduct weddings held at the Church. Applicants are strongly encouraged to have their wedding conducted by Wesley Pastors.
• Wedding shall be held only on Saturday.
• The time slots for Weddings are: 10.00am to 12noon or 2.00 to 4.00pm.
• Applicants will have one or more couple sessions with their Officiating Pastor; and a briefing session with the Events team.
• A Wedding rehearsal will be scheduled in the same week of the wedding date.
• Wedding application will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis once the wedding calendar is open. The Church office will only process the application when we receive the official Wedding application form together with MPC Certificate or MPC registration receipt.
Updated 23 Dec 2022
Marriage Preparation Class
The course offers couples the opportunity to explore their readiness for marriage and aims to prepare them for Christian marriage. Topics covered include:
For better experiential learning and group participation, the course offers topical sharing by speakers followed by small group discussion.
Due to limited trained facilitators, we regret to inform you that only members of Wesley Methodist Church (WMC) and members who have fixed wedding date have the first priority.
(Class size is limited. Please register early)
Please take note:
2. Couples who register should plan their wedding within a year.
3. Attendance for all 6 sessions is compulsory (no make-up session).
4. This is strictly a face-to-face course.
5. Punctuality is a must. If you are late for more than 15 minutes, you will be considered absent.
6. If you miss more than two sessions, you will be taken out of cohort.
7. Only participants who attend all sessions will receive the Letter of Completion
MPC 02/2023 (Sep - Oct)
Time: 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Venue: YMCA @ One Orchard
Date: 16 September to 21 October 2023 (6 Saturdays. Face-to-face sessions.)
Online registration via jotform only https://form.jotform.com/WesleyMC/flm-mpc and the link will only be activated on 27 July 2023.
Registration opens for members of Wesley Methodist Church: 27 July - 9 August 2023 (priority). Closing date: 16 August 2023.
Registrations received between 10 August - 16 August 2023 will be awarded (if there are still vacancies) on a first-come-first-serve basis, regardless of membership.
Any registration and payment from non-members of WMC that is submitted before 10 August 2023 is considered not valid. We will refund any payment from non-member of WMC that is paid before 10 August 2023.