- Registration of New Birth
- Cradle Roll
- Combined Family Worship
- Baptism & Membership
- Family Life Membership
- Marriage Preparation
- Men In Christ
Registration of New Birth
The Cradle Roll Ministry seeks to engage parents who are expecting and, subsequently, upon the birth of their newborn, ease them into parenthood within the church setting.
A group of volunteers visit the families with new births to introduce the support and infant care facilities available in church. Upon request, our volunteers are also able to provide a helping hand in the Infant Care Rooms to new parents when needed.
For registration of new births, please click here.
For expecting mothers, please register at https://wesleymc.org/flm-emrp so that we can reach out to you!
Combined Family Worship
The objective of Family Worship is for families to come in the presence of God to worship Him together as a family unit. This worship is held at 8.30 am and 11.00 am on 16 February, 12 April, 16 August and 25 December.
Baptism & Membership
The Infant/Child/Special Baptism is held three times each year, for infant/child from age 1 month to below 16 years old.
All parents desiring to have their infant/child baptised are required to attend the Infant/Child/Special Baptism Preparation (ICSBP). At ICSBP they will be briefed on the serious commitment they must make to bring up their children in a godly manner. During the talk, parents will also have the opportunity to interact and discuss parenting issues, as well as engage in sharing on family devotion.
To register your child(ren), download and fill in the ICSB registration form (PDF) and submit together with all required documents:
- a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate
- a photocopy of either parent’s church membership certificate
Please note that those baptised as infant or children are not automatically members of Wesley Methodist Church.
ADULT BAPTISM & MEMBERSHIP CLASS (BMC)
Our Book of Discipline (BOD) of the Methodist Church in Singapore requires members of the local church to faithfully perform their vows and covenants of membership. The Adult Baptism and Membership Class at Wesley Methodist Church instructs and prepares candidates to fulfil these vows and their commitment as a member of our church.
We welcome those seeking to be baptised and/or desiring to become members of Wesley Methodist Church to apply to BMC. This class also applies to those seeking to transfer their membership from other churches (Methodist and Non-Methodist). Interested individuals should have been attending worship services at Wesley Methodist Church for at least 6 months and be above 16 years of age at the time of application.
Please note that those baptised as infants or children are not automatically members of Wesley Methodist Church. They will also need to fulfil the BMC requirement before being confirmed and received into membership of the church.
The Meaning of Membership:
1. When persons unite as professing members with a local Methodist church, they profess their faith in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Spirit. Thus, they make known their desire to live their daily lives as disciples of Jesus Christ. They covenant together with God and with the members of the local church to keep the vows which are a part of the order of confirmation and reception into the Church:
a. To renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of the world, and repent of their sin;
b. To accept the freedom and power God gives them to resist evil, injustice, and oppression;
c. To confess Jesus Christ Lord and Saviour and pledge their allegiance to his kingdom;
d. To remain faithful members of Christ’s holy church and serve as Christ’s representatives in the world;
e. To be loyal to Christ through The Methodist Church and do all in their power to strengthen its ministries;
f. To faithfully participate in its ministries by their prayers, their presence, their gifts, their service, and their witness
g. To receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
2. Faithful membership in the local church is essential for personal growth and for developing an increasing sensitivity to the will and grace of God. As members involve themselves in private and public prayer, worship, the Sacraments, study, Christian action, systematic giving and holy discipline, they grow in their appreciation of Christ, understanding of God at work in history and the natural order, and an understanding of themselves.
3. Faithful discipleship includes the obligation to participate in the corporate life of the congregation with fellow members of the Body of Christ. A member is bound in sacred covenant to shoulder the burdens, share the risks and celebrate the joys of fellow members. A Christian is called to speak the truth in love, always ready to confront conflicts in the spirit of forgiveness and reconciliation.
4. A member of The Methodist Church is to be a servant of Christ on Mission in the local and worldwide community. The servanthood is performed in family life, daily work, recreation and social activities, responsible citizenship, the stewardship of property and accumulated resources, the issues of corporate life and all attitudes towards other persons. Participation in disciplined groups is an expected part of personal Mission involvement. Each member is called upon to be a witness for Christ in the world, a light and leaven in society, and a reconciler in a culture of conflict. Each member is to identify with the agony and suffering of the world and to radiate and exemplify the Christ. The standards of attitude and conduct set forth in the Social Principles shall be considered as an essential resource for guiding each member of the Church in being a servant of Christ on Mission.
5. All members of the church should study the principles of Christian stewardship and dedicate themselves, their time, talents, and substance to God and the advancement of His kingdom. In recognition of God’s ownership they should practice systematic and proportionate giving (Mal 3:8-12; 1 Cor 16:2). They should regard Christian liberality as a privilege and sacred duty, and freely give of their substance for the spread of the gospel at home and abroad, for the maintenance of the local church and for the support of the agencies and enterprises of the general church.
6. All members are to be held accountable for their faithfulness to their covenant and vows with God and the other members of the church.
Applicants seeking to be saved from their sins and desiring to be Christian in faith and practice are invited to offer themselves for membership into the local congregation of Wesley Methodist Church of The Methodist Church in Singapore.
Applicants of Baptism and Membership Class are expected to fully participate in the class. Click "here" for more details and to fully understand the requirements. Please ensure that you are able to fulfil all the requirements before submitting your application form.
i) Carefully read section on “The Meaning of Membership” above and the Methodist Social Principles. Apply only if you are in agreement with the meaning of membership and standard of conduct set in the Methodist Social Principles.
ii) Click “here” to apply. Fill in all required spaces and submit the form online. If you are unable to apply online, please contact Charlene Hong at 6336 1433 for assistance. The link to the application form is activated only during the application period.
iii) You will be informed if your application is successful and will be given further instruction regarding submission of the Baptism & Membership online form and thereafter instruction regarding payment of registration fee $25.00 (non-refundable).
Check out the Baptism (Adult & Infant/Child) and Membership Class Schedule 2021 below.
Family Life Membership
The Family Life Ministry in Wesley serves to create opportunities for families to come together through organised activities and events. Through seminars and worship services, it also aims to educate, equip and fill the families with His Word. Through visitations and family devotions workshop, it encourages families to put Christ in the centre of their home.
The Family Life Ministry’s Vision is "to build a loving and caring community as one united family in God at Wesley".
Marriage Preparation Class
The course offers couples the opportunity to explore their readiness for marriage and aims to prepare them for Christian marriage. Topics covered include:
- Understanding God’s vision for marriage
- In-depth discussion of biblical principles for marriages
- Discovering and understanding personality differences
- Managing communication and conflicts
- Family planning
- Managing finances
For better experiential learning and group participation, the course offers topical sharing by speakers followed by small group discussion.
Marriage Preparation Class 2/2020
12 Sep – 10 Oct 2020 (For 5 weeks, Saturdays on Zoom)
$250 per couple (Members of Wesley Methodist Church)
$300 per couple (Non-members)
(Class size is limited. Please register early)
Registration opens on:
1 to 16 Aug (Members)
17 to 31 Aug (Non-members)
Closing Date: 31 Aug (or when all places are filled)
Please take note:
1. Priority will be given to Wesley members. If there are still vacancies after 16 Aug, places will be given on first-come-first-serve basis, regardless of membership.
2. All couples intending to be married at Wesley are required to attend.
3. Couples that register should planned their wedding within a year.
4. Attendance for all five sessions is compulsory.
To register: https://wesley.sg/flm-mpc