We are looking for individuals to join our staff. Please refer below for more information on the current positions available.
The role of Media Manager (MMgr) is to start up and develop the Digital and Online Media department in Wesley MC, to provide overall creative and artistic direction for media, and oversee the production process of content for Wesley's digital and online media platforms, which include but are not limited to its website, social media platforms, and online and onsite worship services, in accordance with Wesley's vision and mission. The DOM department in Wesley MC is a newly formed team which will serve the media needs of the church and its various ministries and work collaboratively with the existing departments and ministries of the church, which may include the Leadership Team, Communications Team, IT Department, AV Department and Worship Ministries.
The content of media will have a high priority on video production, which could include videos for the church and its various ministries, event and campaign publicity, and features on social media such as interviews and music videos. It will also include involvement in the weekly recording and/or livestreaming of our online worship services (including the production of video announcements).
The MMgr will report directly to the Director/Deputy Director of Administration in Wesley MC and oversee the media production process from pre-production to post-production and content delivery, including:
• Working with church leadership to understand and develop the church's media vision and strategy
• Develop a multi-year plan to grow the church's Digital and Online Media department
• Schedule, propose, plan, and carry out projects and initiatives to meet the church's media goals and needs
• Provide creative direction for, overseeing the process for, and working collaboratively with existing departments and ministries for the production of media
• Supervise staff in the Media Team, including project timelines and developing capabilities
• Managing relationships and project work with third-parties, including vendors and licensing agencies
• Budget planning and management and basic administration
Competencies required include:
• Ability to understand and develop the church's media needs
• Ability to write and edit communications materials • Project management
• Collaborative and open working style
• Ability to receive and implement feedback
• Managing and developing a team
• 4-6 years of experience in a media production management position
• Character references
• Good but not necessary:
o Experience in religious or charity organisations (paid or volunteer)
o Academic qualifications (in either media or Christian studies)
Permanent full-time position for an IT application & infrastructure support development engineer to support the growing technology needs of church ministries and administration.
• Provide helpdesk support, administration and maintenance for PCs, shared network printing, computer networks, office 365 services including email, sharepoint, onedrive, Teams
• Administration and support for web applications including room booking, IT helpdesk ticket, asset management, staff portal, Eventbrite
• Explore and develop solutions for ministry needs
• Testing of web applications projects and enhancements
• Monitoring of server and network
• Collaboration with ministries for requirements gathering
• Collaboration with software and IT vendors
• At least diploma in computing and related fields
• 5 or more years of relevant working experience
• Any relevant IT certifications are advantageous
• Working knowledge of helpdesk and PC support
• Working knowledge of web applications
• Database administration with basic sql knowledge
• Basic Microsoft powershell scripting
• Working knowledge of software testing
• Working knowledge of cybersecurity
• Working knowledge of IT networks - Working knowledge of Windows server administration
• Some programming experience - Basic project planning skills
• Interest in exploring and keeping abreast of technology trends and developments
Programme Coordinators are to provide administrative and coordinating support to church’s activities and programmes. They are expected to work closely with the different stakeholders to ensure the events, programmes and activities of are properly executed. They will report directly to their Pastoral Team Members or Pastors who will have oversight of their work.
• Provide Administration Support to the ministry assigned
• Provide Logistics Support to the ministry assigned
• Ensure Compliance to the Church’s policies
• General Administration duties
• Volunteer Care & Coordination
• Activities, Events, Services, Workshops & etc Coordination
• Update of Church Ministry Database System
• To support in Committee meetings
• Finance responsibilities
• Maintaining Inventory
• To ensure that the information on website and social media platforms are up to date
• Any other assigned duties • Ad Hoc projects
• Diploma / ‘A’ levels / Recognised Professional Certificate or equivalent
• Experience in church ministry work will be good
• Minimum 3 years of working experience
• Good knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, Power Point & etc
• Good knowledge of office administration procedures
• Has strong community living spirit
• Great team-working skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent in planning and coordination
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Problem-solving ability
• Ability to meet deadlines and targets
• Have confidence and self-motivation
Full Time Counsellor for Wesley Counselling Services
As our full-time counsellor, you journey with the clients through their problems and challenging circumstances. You help by providing a safe, confidential and encouraging environment through listening, empathy, patience and respect. Through this, you empower them to make their own decisions.
You provide couple and individual counselling in areas of marriage, career and mental health issues. You are also required to develop content for counselling-focused training workshops and group therapy. In addition, you will be providing clinical supervision and case consultation for para counsellors.
Besides your clinical work, you are part of the leadership team overseeing the administration of the department that includes long term planning and operational matters.
• Master in Counselling / Social Work or equivalent
• At least 5 years of counselling experience in a full time and professional capacity
• At least 5 years of clinical supervision experience
• Qualifications in Family/Systemic approaches
• Registered counsellor with SAC, SASW or equivalent
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Proven track record in leading teams from initiating to completion of projects
• Strong IT skills
• Experience in career guidance and conducting personality tests such as MMPI and 16PF will be an advantage
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
It still feels surreal even now when I think of how God has given me the opportunity to leave the marketplace and respond to His calling to be a church worker with the privilege to pursue His holiness and serve the community wholeheartedly.
"Is it possible to find the right & happy workplace?
To some people, happiness at the workplace means climbing the corporate ladder while for others, it is to find the right boss, colleagues and environment. In reality, is there a perfect workplace with imperfect people like you and me?
What does happiness at the workplace mean to me? It is about doing the work that God calls me to do, loving & finding meaning in what I do and my relationship with Him. As our work takes center stage in our lives, I believe that our work really matters to God too.
About 23 years ago, I answered God’s call to work at Wesley Methodist Church. Together with this big church office family, we work for the extension of His work. There were times we have much differences, pain and joy but through it all, He has taught me what it is to love, forgive, persevere, be faithful and long-suffering.
With God’s grace, I am learning and am still learning. I am willing to be moulded as I serve Him in this church office. What about you? Is He calling you today? Will you obey?"