The gospel of John gives us a unique and powerful look at the person and life of Jesus. John makes his purpose in writing this book clear: he wants his readers to know who Jesus is, to believe in Him, and to experience new birth. This teaching series covering the first three chapters of John’s Gospel seeks to explore the unique self-identity of Jesus as the pre-existent Word, Son of God and Messiah.
Teacher: Rev David Ho
COURSE OUTLINE (4 Thursday evenings)
1. THE WORD BECAME FLESH John 1:1-18 (1 Oct)
2. THE WITNESSES TO THE LIGHT John 1:19-51 (8 Oct)
3. THE WEDDING & THE WHIP John 2 (15 Oct)
4. BORN OF WATER AND THE SPIRIT John 3 (22 Oct)
This is a Word Alive! mid-week teaching series.
Disrupted by the current crisis, job or business transition takes persistence – and it's not always easy to stay optimistic when prospects appear to be on the bleak side.
We need Sojourners to form Marketplace Support Groups (MSG) with 3-5 persons in marketplace transitions:
• Forming a safe community to journey in this seasons of transition (meeting fortnightly for 6 months)
• Befriending Christians and friends of other faith in need of support
• Navigating life and work challenges together
• Encouraging each other to move forward with hope.
Recommended resources and references for Sojourners in supporting group members.
-Recommended by a Zone/Small Group Leader or Ministry Leader
-Attended Sojourners Briefing Online
Dr Amos Ang, Executive Director, Regional Head/ Global Rep, LeaderImpact City Strategy Head, Cru Singapore.
For SGLs, ASGLs, Core Team Members and potential leaders ONLY
Sat 17 Oct, 9.30am to 12.00pm
• Heart of Leadership
• Envisioning for your Small Group
Sat 31 Oct, 9.30 to 11.30am
• Your Role as a Facilitator
For SG members & SGLs / ASGLs / Core Team Members.
We encourage sign up as a whole SG.
• Group Life that creates Community
• Developing vibrant Group Dynamics
• Getting to know SGM