The government has informed the public, not IF but WHEN, a terrorist incident would occur. They have initiated SGSecure to engage the different communities.
- Protection & Preparedness
- Response & Recovery
Safe@Wesley will take the necessary measures to keep our members and visitors safe and secure through our framework.
We, at Wesley Methodist Church, seek to glorify God in Jesus Christ by loving Him, by loving one another and by loving our neighbours as ourselves.
Deuteronomy 6:5, Luke 10:27, John 13:34
The Church is God’s Sanctuary, a place for any who seek to worship Him and find fellowship and communion with fellow Christians. As God’s Sanctuary, it must be a safe and secure place.
Wesley Emergency Preparedness & Response (WEPR) Framework
It is essential that we provide a secure venue to keep the congregation and staff safe during worship, at work or when attending meetings.
The WEPR Framework sets out the components needed to prioritise security and safety of Wesley’s people and building.
Every reasonable effort will be made to protect and, in the event of an incident, to respond effectively and efficiently to mitigate outcomes and consequences.
Even as we prepare and plan, we remember that it is God we look to for our continued safety and protection.
Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him,
”You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.
He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.
He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care;
His faithfulness will protect and defend you.
You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day
or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.”
Psalm 91:1 -6
5 Key Objectives
with the appropriate government and community agencies to identify, evaluate and advocate the prevention and mitigation of danger, risks or threats of any incident or its severity or consequence to life and property.
staff, volunteers and congregation in Preparedness and Response to deal with any incident.
a response team together with “ministry presence” to promptly act and communicate in accordance to a ERP when an incident occurs.
both pastoral (spiritual & emotional) and physical to persons affected by the incident and reconstruction of work and ministry to normalcy.
resources, equipment and facilities that could be utilised in time of an incident
Our 4 Phase Framework
The Safe@Wesley 4-Phase EPR Management Framework
- To ensure that all building and infrastructure complies with or exceed the fire, safety and emergency regulatory codes. This includes all public emergency alarm and announcement systems.
- To conduct all required ad hoc and routine inspections and maintenance.
- To work with relevant government agencies to enhance Wesley’s perimeter and buildings to meet the requirements of new threats and the Wesley’s In Place Protection (IPP) Plan (sample)
- To identify internal and external stakeholders, including government agencies, service providers, vendors and sister churches.
- To conduct regular checks to ensure that our equipment are in good working condition.
- To replenish and refresh first aid and emergency supplies.
- To work with security agencies, staff and Safe@Wesley volunteers (Watchers, Ushers, Volunteers) to ensure that the building is secured and the 24-hour security camera surveillance is operational.
- To plan for and activate additional security guards, and work with Safe@Wesley volunteers to enhance security during worship services or events held at the Church.
- Vulnerability/Risk Assessment
- To conduct annual Vulnerability and/or Risk Assessment to identify and mitigate gaps in all areas of the framework and plans.
- Information Technology
- To ensure that the Church’s IT infrastructure is robust and meets industry standards with regard protection from hacking and unauthorised use.
- To further explore the use of IT in enhancing the security and safety of Church building and users.
- To plan and prepare the budget for each WEPR.
- To ensure that contact details of emergency services, government and community agencies, contact persons of these agencies, key contact persons of neighbouring buildings, key staff and volunteer persons are updated and easily assessable by all authorised personnel.
- Resource & Equipment
- To maintain an updated list of all resource and equipment required for a response.
This includes fire-fighting equipment, doctors’ bags, AEDs, first aid kits, Emergency Response Kits and communication devices.
- To ensure that all resource and equipment are maintained and ready to use.
- Training & Education
- To collaborate or engage relevant agencies or qualified persons for training and education.
- Training and education will be provided for staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Relevant training will be provided for all personnel to meet the requirements for their respective appointments.
- Drills & Exercises
- To coordinate appropriate and relevant drills and exercises for the different scenarios identified.
- To ensure that a full evacuation exercise be done at least once annually for weekday and weekend situations.
- To test public emergency alarm and announcement systems and communications.
- Regular communication with the congregation through bulletin and videos
- Assets, Equipment & Information
- To ensure that assets are adequately covered by insurance and all information protected.
- To plan for alternative asset allocation plan in the event of an incident (refer to Ministry Continuity Plan)
Wesley Emergency Response Plan:
- Activation of Wesley Emergency Response Plan
- Setting up of Command Centre.
In our efforts to return to normalcy, the following components are essential:
- The Church will provide pastoral care and counselling, financial assistance or social and networking support to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs to those affected by the incident.
- To have in place a Ministry Continuity Plan so that Worship Services and the work of the different ministries can return to normalcy as soon as possible.
Pastoral Team Member
Office Number: 68379361
Office Number: 68378179